Group buy in Chicago?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool. If it won't work that's fine. Anyone else wanna split another bag of rice hulls?

I'd be fine with 11 lbs of rice hulls instead of 13.75, but I don't want to speak for everyone else.

If you get in on the grains of paradise or one of my other split buy offers I will make an executive decision though :D

I don't mind. It's only 2.5 lbs less. On page 37 of the price list it says rice hulls are 50 pound sack.

Anyone else getting in on the bitter and sweet orange peel?

11lbs is good. Whats the price is it worth a sack of rice hulls? I assumed yes.

Also a few more people and we have 2 sacks of rice hulls.

$19 for a 55lb sack?

Its $1.50 a lb on AHBS, I might take more if we get another person or two.

I'd be willing to split a sack of rice hulls too, preferably 3-5 ways.

On a side note, with this much interest would it be possible to set up a bulk buy a couple of times a year? These prices are making me realize how bad of a rip-off my LHBS is, but I'm not ready to stock up on specialty grains or other adjuncts/flavorings/supplies.

Generic rice hulls fine with me.

Anyone splitting DME? I could take up to 10 lbs of Golden Light or similar... minimum size is 50 lbs.

Anyone have a link to whats for sale and the prices? They use to have a PDF.

Lots going with splitting to confirm:

rice hulls
RC0032
wegz
Demon
Randa
sudsmcgee
Mike A

MO sack:
conpewter
RC

Rye Sack:
Randar
RC

Grains of Paradise:
Randar
RC

Hops:
TBD

I'd be willing to split a sack of rice hulls too, preferably 3-5 ways.

On a side note, with this much interest would it be possible to set up a bulk buy a couple of times a year? These prices are making me realize how bad of a rip-off my LHBS is, but I'm not ready to stock up on specialty grains or other adjuncts/flavorings/supplies.

I think that would be the plan. I believe the initial group buy was to gauge interest and then we'd decide the frequency afterward.

I think that would be the plan. I believe the initial group buy was to gauge interest and then we'd decide the frequency afterward.

and maybe we can take turns making the actual purchases. :D my shop is always available for receiving a pallet or two.

I think we advantage ~2 a year, I ran the last one and that was 10 months ago? Its usually posted in Chicago group area.

Thanks for the PM.

just updated. please go over the spreadsheet and make sure I netered everything correctly. we're at 36 bags! 1 more and we meet our target. I think the maximum will be 40 to 42 sacks. I'll need to find out once I submit the RFQ. thanks.

on the bags that are being divided up among people, please PM Ace with the final counts and their respective buyers. thank you

just updated. please go over the spreadsheet and make sure I netered everything correctly. we're at 36 bags! 1 more and we meet our target. I think the maximum will be 40 to 42 sacks. I'll need to find out once I submit the RFQ. thanks.

I'm only seeing one bag of rice hulls. Are we splitting this 6 ways, or am I missing a second bag?

I'm only seeing one bag of rice hulls. Are we splitting this 6 ways, or am I missing a second bag?

I actually haven't added this since I don't believe Ace has sent me anything. Has Ace been informed of the final breakdown for this? I'm only entering whatever Ace emails me to keep potential double entries from occurring. PM him with the finall tally. Thank you.

I actually haven't added this since I don't believe Ace has sent me anything. Has Ace been informed of the final breakdown for this? I'm only entering whatever Ace emails me to keep potential double entries from occurring. PM him with the finall tally. Thank you.

Final tally appears to be 2 sacks split 6 ways.

Still looking for someone to split the following:
Flaked Wheat
Medium Crystal (Carastan from Bairds or Fawcett Crystal I)
Rye (RC said he was interested, but a 3rd would be good)

Grains of Paradise - anyone who wants 4 oz for this split? Price is 80+% off LHBS price

Final tally appears to be 2 sacks split 6 ways.

Still looking for someone to split the following:
Flaked Wheat
Medium Crystal (Carastan from Bairds or Fawcett Crystal I)
Rye (RC said he was interested, but a 3rd would be good)

Grains of Paradise - anyone who wants 4 oz for this split? Price is 80+% off LHBS price

PM Ace with the final tally. Thanks.

I might get in on the rye. Which one were you thinking? Just looking at price wise. Don't want to over spend. Randar do you want me to pm ace about the orange peels?

Just PM'd him on the orange peel(s) and the list of 6 people for the 6-way split of 2 sacks of rice hulls. We could still add a person or 2 to the split without changing the order, so speak soon if interested.

I wasn't looking to spend a lot on the Rye Malt. CMC might be fine (fitty cents a pound or something like that)

Yup, just confirming I'm in on the rice hulls split as marked above. This is coming together nicely and quickly...

I entered all of the split orders into the spreadsheet. PLEASE check the entries for errors. Thanks.

We have exceeded our target of 37 bags. I'm thinking maybe we should wait the rest of this week to see if anybody else wants to get in or change their order. Come Monday, I will contact the distributor and ask for a RFQ. Ace, what do you think? Anyone else have any suggestions?

That's perfect. Gives the stragglers a couple days notice to get orders in, then we can get this thing rolling.

Sent from my DROIDX using Home Brew Talk

I added a second work sheet named "CMG-RFQ" which gives the list of items and their quantities that are on the order request from everybody. I will submit this info for an RFQ.

Back