What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea man its great having the freezer stocked... I got 2 already...one with my bow and another with the muzzle loader

I have yet to bag one. ive seen a few in the past 10 years but it was all on private property that we own. Not alot of deer around the property, but this year im heading north to some state land. The deer will be smaller in size but there should be more around.

Drinking a 'Straffe Lely'
Straffe is e Belgium word for something like 'heavy' of 'strong' and Lely is just short for Lelystad, the name of my town.
The version I'm drinking is more than 1 year old, draught from a 5 liter party keg. This beer is often confused as a IPA, bit it basicly is a tripel with a ****load of Amarillo, also used 1 week dryhopping.
Now it taste kinda heavy, but when it's 3 weeks young it taste and drinkes like a white bear, but kicks you in the nuts like a heavy tripel without realising it.
Cheers!

1451515_524110687680303_1165131698_n.jpg

sorry for the confusion.. yeah it was crap luck, but after sliding over two lanes and ending up in the opposite ditch. I walked away with a bruised thigh, and out of the 3 17yr old girls in the SUV 2 were fine the driver suffered a concussion and lost a tooth through her lip/cheek. Im just glad nobody was seriously hurt.

I thought "you" got hit also, still sucks but not quite as much, glad your ok.

I have yet to bag one. ive seen a few in the past 10 years but it was all on private property that we own. Not alot of deer around the property, but this year im heading north to some state land. The deer will be smaller in size but there should be more around.

Get a PA tag and come on down/up/over.... My family has 250 plus acres in NEPA... Bring beer and ur poker face

Get a PA tag and come on down/up/over.... My family has 250 plus acres in NEPA... Bring beer and ur poker face

Wish my family had that much we are sitting on about 30 acres which isnt all one plot. 3 seperate of 10 acres each.

I might actually have to take you up on this offer. Shotgun or rifle? This will be the first year hunting with rifle. Down were I live its shotgun only until you get further up north.

Wish my family had that much we are sitting on about 30 acres which isnt all one plot. 3 seperate of 10 acres each.

I might actually have to take you up on this offer. Shotgun or rifle? This will be the first year hunting with rifle. Down were I live its shotgun only until you get further up north.

Def man... New guys walk ... Walk during drives... Rifles usually but if u don't have one i got one for u

Def man... New guys walk ... Walk during drives... Rifles usually but if u don't have one i got one for u

Using my Dads 30-30 this year just sighted it in/shot it for the first time a few days ago. im going to go through another box before heading up north just to make sure im used to it. then once I come back home im hunting with my 870 pump

CliffMongoloid said:
I never hunted but "new guys walk" sounds like some hazing s@$t. Do the walkers kill deer too? Or do you wait for them to scare the deer to u?

SupervisingChildren said:
Yup. And you have to do it with antlers on your head while wrapped in a light brown fur coat. ;-)
Haha, you freeks with big guns scare me:) thank god I don't own a pimp fur coat!

I don't hunt or own a gun, but I did nearly get shot once while fishing... moron didn't see me while shooting at a beaver and muskrat fighting near the public stream I was in.

Fortunately most of us are intelligent hunters, but there are definitely a few idiots out there. I was hunting some local public land a few years ago, and some guy nearly killed me because he was just shooting at whatever moved. Of course, he was also from New Jersey :drunk: I have only hunted my family's land since then

Fortunately most of us are intelligent hunters, but there are definitely a few idiots out there. I was hunting some local public land a few years ago, and some guy nearly killed me because he was just shooting at whatever moved. Of course, he was also from New Jersey :drunk: I have only hunted my family's land since then

True statement

Back