Home Depot Oxygen Tanks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chode720

Reaction score
I went to Home Depot yesterday to pick up a spare O2 cylinder and I was told that they are no longer going to be carrying welding supplies and wont have the tanks anymore! I am a little skeptical b/c I heard this from one of the cashiers..... Has anyone else heard this?

I was able to go to Lowe's and they had a ton, so I guess they still have them. Too bad its 15 min from my house and Home Depot is 2 :-/

I went to Home Depot yesterday to pick up a spare O2 cylinder and I was told that they are no longer going to be carrying welding supplies and wont have the tanks anymore! I am a little skeptical b/c I heard this from one of the cashiers..... Has anyone else heard this?

I was able to go to Lowe's and they had a ton, so I guess they still have them. Too bad its 15 min from my house and Home Depot is 2 :-/

99% probability that's it's pure B.S. One hint is that Bernzomatic markets equipment specifically targeted to the DIY/handyman/home owner types. Very little of their stuff would even be considered welding equipment. It's mostly designed for soldering/sweating and maybe some light brazing at the most. Sweating copper fittings is still a very common procedure and Bernzomatic will still be selling a ton of propane torch cylinders at HD, so I am certain that they will continue to sell the O2 cylinders as well. What the hell would a cashier know about it anyway?

Maybe it's just this one store...

I don't think HD does anything one store at a time. It's one big fat monolithic corporation, much like many others. They do things by universal mandate, so there is little to no discretion among the individual stores. I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

My HD was clearing them out for 1.97. I bought all they had.

Same thing happened to me this past weekend. I was told that another HD had some in stock, but that one was 25 min away. Lowe's was 1/4 mile from the original HD and had plenty,

Yea, I was confused when they said they were no longer carrying any of that. Its not like they were selling any professional grade stuff. Oh well, guess us homebrewers can take our business elsewhere

I bought one at HD maybe 2 months ago, went back to pick up a spare and they were not on the shelf and no visible place for them, except as part of a multi-pack with other gasses for welding, not what I wanted. I checked a few times and finally a couple weeks ago the red oxygen cylinders were back, but 50% bigger this time. I bought two because I was frustrated at the stocking. Haven't looked at other stores yet. Last weekend I found out how quickly those tanks run out so I'm glad I have two right now.

I bought one at HD maybe 2 months ago, went back to pick up a spare and they were not on the shelf and no visible place for them, except as part of a multi-pack with other gasses for welding, not what I wanted. I checked a few times and finally a couple weeks ago the red oxygen cylinders were back, but 50% bigger this time. I bought two because I was frustrated at the stocking. Haven't looked at other stores yet. Last weekend I found out how quickly those tanks run out so I'm glad I have two right now.

Yes, the HD by me has a tag for the bigger tank, but of course the spot is empty...

Back