Brutus Build Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpatrol

Reaction score
Where did you guys get your ASCO valves? I've looked online and can only find the ones Lonnie uses for almost $300 a piece. Ebay doesnt have the part # it calls for in the plans. I just got the Build Brutus 10 plans and can already see I'm going to have lots of questions. Any help would be appreciated.

Don't worry about asco valves. There is an alternative. Go to ebay. Type in STC valves. The brass 1/2 inch normally closed is what I use. I purchased from Fremont Industrial for 40 bucks each, they have gone up since then. Also, check valves4projects.com . Some guys use them also. My valves are for 120v ac. I run high pressure banjo burners, propane with a o-30 psi regulator. I get 3 brews per bottle of propane.

gas2.jpg

Bro, you have the exact Brutus that I'm looking to build. I was thinking of going Hugger Orange like my old school dream 69 Camaro or even Blue if I don't go stainless. Thanks for the reply man, I might have a few questions to ask you later on in the build.

Snake, do you have more pictures on how you mounted the banjo burners? I think I see it, but I am unsure.

That is a beautiful rig by the way.

Don't worry about asco valves. There is an alternative. Go to ebay. Type in STC valves. The brass 1/2 inch normally closed is what I use. I purchased from Fremont Industrial for 40 bucks each, they have gone up since then. Also, check valves4projects.com . Some guys use them also. My valves are for 120v ac. I run high pressure banjo burners, propane with a o-30 psi regulator. I get 3 brews per bottle of propane.

I almost wet myself every time I see this rig!

Snake very nice looking system.

Lonni Mac you can be proud of the huge followers you have, its like the iPod craze.

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

That is pretty... I just built a "20"... There needs to be a "Brut" thread for all Brutus owners to showcase thier stuff

There needs to be a "Brut" thread for all Brutus owners to showcase thier stuff

Pol your new system will be the next generations standard:mug:

Cheers,
ClaudiusB

I can't believe it. The Man, The Myth, The Homebrew God has posted in my thread. Lonnie, you're the man bro. Speechless.

If it weren't for Lonnie and his fantastic brain, my creation would have been just another wet dream. Thanks for the motivating rig design and compliment. I had so much fun building it I'm about to build another one. So, what's the next engineering marvel from the king alenut? Also, Pol is that a rig or is that some sick furniture?
Snake

If it weren't for Lonnie and his fantastic brain, my creation would have been just another wet dream. Thanks for the motivating rig design and compliment. I had so much fun building it I'm about to build another one. So, what's the next engineering marvel from the king alenut? Also, Pol is that a rig or is that some sick furniture?
Snake

It is both. It is my 9000W BCS controlled Brutus 20

Gawdt dang fellas! I try and stay out of these threads because yall make me blush! :)

Yea, so in short of a lucky find like I had on my SS ASCO's, I think we have all pretty much played them out over the years... I think ASCO owes me something! :)

They are getting VERY hard to find now a days in any case along with the 10 tip burners... The STC valves are a GREAT sub for these ASCO's and I would not hesitate to use them...

Brewpatrol my friend, make sure the pics are coming our way so we can see your build! Need any help I am usually always a PM away...

Gawdt dang fellas! I try and stay out of these threads because yall make me blush! :)

Yea, so in short of a lucky find like I had on my SS ASCO's, I think we have all pretty much played them out over the years... I think ASCO owes me something! :)

They are getting VERY hard to find now a days in any case along with the 10 tip burners... The STC valves are a GREAT sub for these ASCO's and I would not hesitate to use them...

Brewpatrol my friend, make sure the pics are coming our way so we can see your build! Need any help I am usually always a PM away...

Thank you sir. Went to the steel shop today and got some prices and spoke with a welder afterwards. I think I'll be going the powder coat route as the steel will only cost me $96. SS was $400 at the place I went to so that might be out of the question. If I go with the welder I spoke to I'm in luck as the business next door is a powder coat shop. Tackling the build list is now beginning. I'll be sure to take pics from beginning to end and dedicate a thread to them.

Update...went with my friend to his uncle's metal shop today to talk about different ideas and concepts we have in regards to Brutus. I like the simplicity of Lonnies build coupled with some of the things Snake has incorporated. Next week we hope to meet again to give the go ahead on our systems. And yes, thats plural, we are building 2, one for each of our needs. Its going to be badass. Thank you guys all in advance for the ideas and the help in getting this going.

Back