Argentina Cascade substitution

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pivzavod

Reaction score
There is a recipe I want to make that calls for AC hops and the store where I am purchasing it from is currently out of stock. What replacement can I get that would have similar taste and aroma?

General Trade Perception: These Argentinian-grown Cascades are not like American Cascade - they have a very mellow and sweet character that is grassy, with herbal, peppery, and spicy undertones. A versatile hop to use for ales and lagers - strangely, with its sweet/spicy aroma this hop would make a good substitute for Hallertau-type and Goldings-type hops

So, I guess the reverse would be true.

Thanks I searched the forum but didnt find much topics on AC. Where did you find this information?

Oh my word, someone actually wants to use AC's? *shudder*

I found a good replacement for it, equal parts lemon pledge and bugspray. :D

Actually I don't think there's much AC left on the market, they were introduced during the so-called hops shortage, but few people actually liked them. In fact my friend who owns the lhbs here in town just threw away his store stock of them.

He couldn't give them away.

Read MY little "adventure" with them....

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f36/smash-advice-mo-argentinian-cascade-92765/

They're evil I say....:D

But if you do use them, conroe mentioned at one point to ignore the IBU's that come up in beersmith or any recipe, and half the amount. They are that bitter.

Latest posts

Back