I picked the worst day of the year to brew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orfy

For the love of beer!
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It's the middle of fricken summer and it's throwing it down.

Desperation!!!!!

dsc00001zr5.jpg

At least it's testing your coop out for weather resistance :D

It's crazy here too... One minute its sunny, next its pissin...

That hail looks big enough to hurt. I vote for doing some QA work on the inventory.

that sucks! We had a hail storm here in NY last week for about 20 minutes it hailed **** ranging in size from bb's to marbles, fortunately I wasn't brewing at the time but it messed up my garden a bit. we also had rain coming down so hard in that 20 minutes the street turned into a raging river.

Are you on your roof during a hail storm or just taking a pic from a window?

he's on the roof with a metal tripod trying to find the best possible angle to snap a picture of his brew setup for us, while holding a metal stirring rod to ensure balance while on the crest of the roof...

:D

he's on the roof with a metal tripod trying to find the best possible angle to snap a picture of his brew setup for us, while holding a metal stirring rod to ensure balance while on the crest of the roof...

Don't forget, he is also using a brew pot as a helmet to protect his brain from hail damage!

That is taken from my computer chair.
I put the mash water on then give up. I was tempted to do a late night session but I'm tired and I'd probably start making silly mistakes.

I'll try again in the morning.

I took the opportunity to clean my stores cupboard and make a couple of additions to the temporary brew set up.

It's a little rain....

I WISH we had a rain like that... I don't remember the last time it rained here in Socal.

orfy - That really sucks,
I just wanted to ask, you have a great garden / backyard setup but WHERE ARE THE HOP VINES? I would have expected a wall between you and your neighbour. You know, the whole "tall fences make good neighbour's" thing.

The hops used to be on the back fence an the took over everything each year. This year I moved them. On is on the front and grows through a privet. The other is in a raised bed on a neighbours garage wall. It not doing anything like it did last year but it's getting there.

Look for the first fence panels and you can see them growing on a twine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rain isn't a problem assuming you have a little cover. I would take it over hot weather any day.

Currently we are hitting the high 90's low 100's with animals at the fair which leads to giving baths to the animals and providing water almost hourly to keep them hydrated.

Back