Son of ferm chiller question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevecaaster

Reaction score
If I am using a ferm chiller set at 62 degrees air temp, and its 72 in the room that the ferm chiller is in, is it ok to take the fermented beer out of the chiller once fermentation is complete and allow the now fermented beer to sit in 72 degree room temp without worrying about bad things happening? can I maybe leave it in the ferm chiller for 9 or so days, then rack to secondary then leave it in 73 degree room temp without any detrimental effects?

Yes - that's a good plan. Active ferm temp is when you really want to control your temps. And having it in the secondary in the low to mid 70's is great. Higher (80+) I'd try to avoid.

The higher temps at the end of fermentation actually helps attenuate the beer out and helps the yeast reabsorb the diacetyl.

awesome thanks a lot guys - this place is great

I was asking because i am planning on building a SOF chiller today and was thinking about making a 2 chamber unit, but i figure 1 chamber is fine

I made a 2 chamber and I'm glad I did, I don't mind being confined to 2 primary fermentations at a time (lets me brew twice in a weekend) but being stuck with 1 as I am with lagers is really annoying.

anyone try the loctite construction adhesive made just for foam board? that stuff worked pretty good, all my gluing is curing right now as i type.

another question I have about the son of fermentation chiller is would I want my fan blowing into the fermentation cabinet or into the ice bay?

Back