So what is your house beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, to be perfectly honest, the most consistently available beer on hand here is PBR. This is Milwaukee, my FIL loves it, and we are all old enough to have been drinking this stuff from way before it was hipster chic or whatever. So PBR it is. Drinking one right now, in fact.

Plus, it's what came out of the city's bubblers until the mid 70's.

I have three taps, one is always an IPA, two is something else hoppy, and the last is a seasonal, or a malt forward ale.

No house beer yet. I've only been brewing for a little over a year and a half. I don't have as much time to brew as I'd like, so I've yet to repeat a batch. However, I'm slowly trying to nail down an IPA recipe to be a beer I'll have around most of the time; something using "C" hops as they're easy to come by throughout the year.

My house beer is my Serenity Amber Ale.
I've never actually made it the same way twice, but am always tweaking around the same base recipe. It's my favorite along with some family and friends, so I always have a back up keg prepared.

Mine is a nice malty east coast IPA grist, with a ass slappin' amount of west coast hop profile. Generally citrusy with a wee bit of cat piss and pine.

Back