Grain Bill Wrong. How will it change my brew?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forrest

Reaction score
Westminster, Uk. But only till the end of Decembe
I just got a grain bill in today but noticed that the order was wrong. I was thinking about using the grain anyway but and wondering how it will change the brew. I oredered British Pal Malt as my base grain but instead they sent me Belgian Pale Malt. How will this affect the final outcome of my beer?

Oh, I am making a stout. Will I be able to tell a difference at all?

It will surely taste like it's from Belgium. :D

I looked it up in Promash and they have the same color profiles and almost the exact same potential gravity, so like cweston says you most likely won't notice a difference, but psychologically, you'll be thinking....

Belgian Stout!

EdWort said:
...you'll be thinking....

Belgian Stout!

I can hear it now...

FORREST - "Honey, I've only had a couple of these Belgian Stouts...I swear..."

SWMBO - "Don't give me that...you are so full of BS your eyes are turning brown..."

Yep...been there, done that.

You're brew will be great. You'll probably like it so well you'll try to recreate it and the brew house will send you the Bristh Malt next time.

DOH!!!

At least your dog didn't get into it. Is the world ready for Belching Dog Stout?

Latest posts

Back