New RIMS Setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djsethall

Reaction score
2724-new-table-setup.jpg

Okee Doke, so after 3 years of haggling with the local Eagles club and 8 months of the monstrosity sitting in my car port, my wife had the courage to tell me I needed to do something with the stainless sink. Green Light!!! So I took the sink to the local welder and had him cut some holes with a plasma cutter. It's hard to really make out all of it, but, what the heck. The keg to the far left will be the HLT and the two kegs on the right will be the MLT's. Why 2 MLT's? Well, one fills up quickly and we want to split the mash into two so that we can add the necessary water that we have had to cut out of recipes to avoid overflow. We would also like to do some high gravity brews (1.120 og). 1 march pump to circulate water in the HLT and a dual head march pump to handle the two MLT's. The two pump heads are put in parralel with 1/2" stainless pipe feeding them. The sink will be where the chill plate will be going. If you look in the next picture, the dual head pump can be seen sitting on my chill plate.

2407-quick-snapshot-brew-system-not-quite-complete-stay-tuned-more-results.jpg

We will be turning the old stand into a dual keg boiler system. Dang, I have to buy another pump, but as a wise man once said "It is the brewers responsibilty to make the process as complicated and expensive as his wife will allow"
Feel free to comment, but as my wife learned, I rarely listen. :rolleyes:

Back