Woo Hoo I've got blowoff!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krelja

Reaction score
I had what I hope to be one of my last extract batches to do so I went ahead on a beautiful day and brewed it up. Everything seem to go very well. I piched a decanted starter of dark DME and White Labs abbey ale yeast(wlp530). At around 3 pm I pitched the yeast aerated and put it in its new home. I checked it around 9:45pm and I had some activity
beer011.jpg

I was happy to see some activity. Its a little easier to see the head space in the mirror behind the carboy. 40 minutes later I checked it again cause I can and holy crap that was fast
beer014.jpg

So I set up my ghetto blow off tube on the better bottle, and went to bed. I still don't have a better option for a bigger tube yet. Either way here she is now going crazy

I'm just really happy and most people I talk to are just like that's cool and I'm super excited

That is very exciting to see the beer happily bubbling away. Nothing wrong with showing everyone. Though I half expected to see pics of beer staining your ceiling. :)

Ed

Ed said:
I half expected to see pics of beer staining your ceiling

LOL...ahhh memories:) Nothing says thank you for the proper fermenting conditions like scrubbing gunk off the ceiling:D

LOL....RDWHAH can be used here for controlling your excitement! But congrats on making actively fermenting beer :mug:

Back