AWS 35 lb Digital Scale hold feature. I want to turn it off!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d_m_s_00

Reaction score
I picked up an AWS 35 lb Digital Scale, from Northern brewer. It’s accurate, but it has this hold feature that I don’t like. If anyone has this scale, is there a way to turn it off?

It makes weighing out grain difficult. For example I’ll start pouring grain into a container on the scale, the numbers increase, then when I stop to get another scoop the scale will beep and say hold. I pour in my second scoop and the numbers don’t move… it will eventually beep and show the new weight (usually overweight). Basically instead of showing the weight in real time I have to add /subtract grain, wait for the beep and it shows me the weight.

I hate digital scales the same go's for digital thermometers. call me old fashon I like to see the needle move. I hope you get it worked out.

It's really not a big deal, I mean it doesn't effect my beer. it's just annoying. I kind of hope someone has the same scale and figured out how to turn it off.

My scale does the same, and as far as I can tell there is no off to this "feature" so I just learned to live with it. I use the same bowl every time for weighing so I know about how much to fill it to get a certain weight and just keep filling till the scale catches up.

I have one too that goes up to 55 lbs.
I called them and there is no way to turn it off. It does suck that is a fact.

I have a similar postage scale and run in to the same issues. Sometimes you can pick up whatever you are weighing and set it back down to force it to give you the new weight.

The 'dumbing' of society... WTF was so hard just having a TARE button!?!?User friendly stupified @)(*k@*.

Sorry, I couldn't help but interject.

Back