Dilemma???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brtisbuck

Reaction score
I've been contemplating going to a tap-a-draft system for the benefit of easy storage, convenience of using my main fridge, reduced bottling, and avoiding having yet another appliance taking up space.

Yesterday a co-worker of mine tells me that he was cleaning out his basement and found a few items that I might like to have. He used to be a homebrewer, but has been sober for several years now. He brings me a co2 cylinder, 5 gallon keg, regulator and lines, and a 2l growler to boot.:ban:

Now what? He just cut the cost of kegging in half for me. I still would need a way to cool it and my wife would never let me keep a keezer anywhere that isn't totally convienient. I guess I would have to go kegerator route. Any tips on where to start? I could still go tap-a-draft for multiple batches or as a stop gap while I figure it out.

You can get a small dorm fridge and have a tower on tap. Doesn't take up much space.

You can get a small dorm fridge and have a tower on tap. Doesn't take up much space.

After looking into the various options I think I will go with the mini fridge. I am going to buy new, any suggestions on which one to get?

Back