What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Celebration of the season. Better than I remember.

ForumRunner_20121202_145209.jpg

That one is awesome. One of the better RIS's I've had, they really hit it out of the park with that.

I'll drink to that! Reminds me of the RIS I brewed back in March, the last bottle of which I am aging until next March. I think RIS is going to be in the lineup soon for me.

This beer, unlike most that it takes me a while to find, lived up to the hype.

Tits-Up IIPA, Thanks BierMuncher. My wife is still hacking and coughing after taking a sip and claims it's the worst beer I've made to date(not much for bitter beer this one, but I still love her). WOW!!!!!, I LOVE IT, and planning my next batch.

image-1053181023.jpg

DFH Burton Baton. 10% ABV wood aged. I don't pick up any wood on this one, unlike Cigar City Humidor series IPA, which tastes like you are drinking it out of a cigar box.

TNGabe said:
Really? For 10%, I think Narwhal is way too smooth. Like Teddy Pendergrass before the tranny car wreck smooth.

I agree. I got very little alcohol in that brew, and what was there was the warming kind not hot solventy alcohol. Fusels will age and mellow out but the alcohol warmth doesn't seem to IMO. I will buy a 4 of this to set aside, and I'm sure it will improve some. But as it is it's more or less flawless as a beer.

I have nothing to complain about. I started with the impressive 4% ABV Notch Pills

Notch-Session-Pils-570x398.jpg

Then I moved on to the Penn dark lager beer.

Pennsylvania-Penn-Dark.jpeg

And finally a top off with the amazing Ayinger Jahrhundert-bier.

8037537416_aabe78ef33_z.jpg

Cheers!

Kentucky Ale. Yeah its really from kentucky too. It says its a irish red/english pale ale-described wise. I get the english pale ale a little but its pretty bready/buttery with tart/sour (oak/wisky barrell?)tones with it. Then its listed as a category of Amber,so? Pretty tastey 5%er,dont really mind having a sixer of it sitting in the fridge for a while. For its lightness/drinkabiltiy its way better than a premium lager. Ive had some pretty good premium lagers too.So if you like a mild buttery tart /sour tone to your beer- this is a good mild/premium ale to try, I woudnt really mind trying theri light kentucky ale as well. And whoa that Bourbon barrell aged one is one to try also. Its like a shot of bourbon/wisky in a beer, still have some of those left also.

iambeer said:
I have nothing to complain about. I started with the impressive 4% ABV Notch Pills

Then I moved on to the Penn dark lager beer.

And finally a top off with the amazing Ayinger Jahrhundert-bier.

Cheers!

Oh man notch is some good stuff. I only had them at a beer festival last summer but I still dream about their coffee milk stout

Back