Beer for neighbor recommendations

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruppca26

Reaction score
I would like to brew a batch of homebrew for my older neighbor. He is always looking out for me and looking after my house when I am gone. He is also interested in homebrew and I think it would be a nice thank you. He likes Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. Does anyone have a suggestion of recipe or style that would suit his taste.

I would like to brew a batch of homebrew for my older neighbor. He is always looking out for me and looking after my house when I am gone. He is also interested in homebrew and I think it would be a nice thank you. He likes Leinenkugel's Creamy Dark. Does anyone have a suggestion of recipe or style that would suit his taste.

An Oatmeal stout I think would be good. Another thing would be to not just make it for him but have him over to help make it. That way while he's drinking it he's thinking "I made this".

+1 on inviting him over to help.

I think leinies creamy dark is more of a dark lager type beer.....my recollection of it is that it has very little heavy roast flavor and is much smoother than a stout.....use carafa II or III and a bit of chocolate malt, a touch (1/2 lb or less) of medium crystal and use a kolsch yeast fermented low, then lager for a month and you should end up with an approximation of creamy dark....or atleast a damn good, smooth drinking beer.

oh, and hops I would use some tettnanger, hallertau, and/or saaz for a real schwarzbier effect...otherwise maybe just some goldings.

Back