bottle drying rack

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrmuskie

Reaction score
So i came up with a botte drying rack this week and was wondering what you people think. Sorry i dont have pics yet but i will just explain what i did. I took two of those rubbermaid storage bins with the snap on lids you can get at wally world and drilled a bunch of "1 1/2 holes in the lid so it now each will hold 35 bottles. When i started searching diy bottle trees/racks all i found were things made of wood or pvc. The porousness of the wood kinda freaked me out and the pvc tree just looked like alot of work and you end up having to put something in your bottle to hang it, also you have to come up with a drip pan of sorts with mine the container is the drip pan. Im a cheap and easy kind of guy so when i saw one of these bins holding some of our christmas stuff a light went on and the project began. So what do you think?

Sounds like it should work just fine as long as the lid is sturdy enough to support the weight of the bottles. Some of those storage coantiners are kind of flimsy, but some seem quite rugged. Have you tried it out?

I haven't dried with it but i did load it up with bottles and it held fine. I have the rubbermaid ones, they were quite a bit more rugged than the off brand ones ive seen. I will be putting them thru the paces tomorrow.

Well I bottled a 5 gallon batch today and the drying racks worked awesome. So if you need a cheap and easy bottle rack give it a try.

I did the exact same thing. But instead of wood I used left over synthetic decking. I figured it's non-porous and I can just dunk it in the sanitizer to clean it if need be.

I'll try to remember to post some pictures this evening.

As promised..

Sanitizing bottles in the bin to the left, rinsing bottles in the bin to the right. Draining/drying bottles in the rack.

DSC_1425.jpg

I didn't use wood, i used the lids that the tubs came with. The synthetic decking is a good idea too. DIY!

Back