Victory Prima Pils - This ROCKS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Victory Prima Pils - This stuff rocks! It's the most German tasting domestically brewed Pils I have ever tried. Having lived in Germany for 5 years, I have tried eine menge of German Pilseners. This puppy gets 5 stars from me.:rockin:

beer_pp.jpg

COMPOSITION
Malts: 2 row German pilsner malt
Hops: German and Czech whole flowers
Alcohol by volume: 5.3%

Yea, this is the house Pilsner at my local pub here in Seattle. I love it. Usually the first beer I start the night off with before moving on to the IPAs and Belgians. I would love to be able to brew a clean, crisp Pils like this one.

I picked that and Victory's Hop Devil up in the late summer. I liked 'em both, despite the fact i'm not all too keen on the IPA's quite yet.

I think I've had this one in their variety pack (iirc) and liked it very much. My friend vouches for that one, but prefers the Troegs Sunshine Pils which is one to try if you are interested in Pils (although as far as it being close to a German Pils I have no idea).

:off: I just put my first Pils in the fermentor and am excited.! :D It is certainly a style that will show any flaw! Problem with most imported Pils is they are so susceptible to oxidation it isn't funny. I have been tugging at the leg of our dist. to carry the Spaten Pils, but they only distribute it on the left coast.

Victory Prima Pils is great, but I don't think Victory makes a beer that isn't. Hop Devil is my favorite commercial beer though. After trying it I had to make a stop at the Victory brewpub when I was passing through the area and try some of their others. They have too many to try even a sample of them all w/o getting drunk and I had to drive another hour so I could only sample a few, but wow what great beer. They don't sell it in the state where I live (WV), but I am close to PA where obviously they sell it and everytime I am up there I have to stop at a bar that has it just to have a pint. Sometimes I bring some home, but not usually b/c I always have homebrew stocked. anyway enough rambling Victory beer is awesome.

Prima Pils is a great beer. Lucky for me, Victory is less than one mile from my house! :D They do have so many different styles of beer that it is quite overwhelming. If any of you hop heads like Hop Devil, but want a really really hoppy beer...you should try Hop Wallop. Unfortunately, I have only seen cases...and I just finished mine. Definitely not a beer you are drinking all the time at close to 9% abv. My favorite Victory beer is their Festbier which is a seasonal Oktoberfest. Very smooth and malty!

Right now my local is pouring four Victory beers. Prima Pils, Hop Devil, Storm King and Weizen Bock. I had 4 Prima Pils tonight as well as a Boundary Bay Imperial IPA, Hop Rod Rye, Racer 5 IPA, Storm King and a Hop Devil. I love IPA's and it's been awhile since I had Hop Devil. It was dissapointing. Not nearly hoppy enough for my tastes. After drinking Boundary Bay, Hop Devil tastes like an ESB. I'll seek out the Hop Whallop.

Back