sanke fermentor

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benharper13

Reaction score
Just a quick question I have 10 gallons of apfelwein that have been sitting in a sanke for a month I was going to transfer to a secondary for a while. Question is I know I can cut the bottom of the stem off to get it out but I really don't want to do that. What other options do I have? How can I siphon it out?

I use a Carboy cap (orange one heated then formed around the keg) with a stainless dip tube and I hook up a co2 tank to it to the other part of the cap get the siphon formed. This works great, hope it helps.

Here are a couple of pages with instructions page 1, page 2. I dont think that the keg instructions are on those but all you have to do is take the orange cap and put it in boiling water for a little bit. This will soften it to the point that you can stretch it over the lip of the keg. I also think that the meathod is described in the link by calpyro. I do love the brewer's hardware kits but I can only afford the cheap option for now.

Back