Stove top AG killing my stove.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dionysos911

Reaction score
I have brewed about 4 batches of AG full boil stove top but it is absolutely causing havoc on my burners. I am guessing the combination of weight and being on for nearly 2 hours is the cause.

Any suggestions to help weight distribution that won't hinder the boiling ability?

Right now I have a 10gallon aluminum pot that I spread over 2 burners. I was thinking of getting one of those cast iron griddles that can be placed over 2 burners to help with the weight issue but I might have too much heat loss to achieve boil.

Out door is sadly not an option for where I live.

I have brewed about 4 batches of AG full boil stove top but it is absolutely causing havoc on my burners. I am guessing the combination of weight and being on for nearly 2 hours is the cause.

Any suggestions to help weight distribution that won't hinder the boiling ability?

Right now I have a 10gallon aluminum pot that I spread over 2 burners. I was thinking of getting one of those cast iron griddles that can be placed over 2 burners to help with the weight issue but I might have too much heat loss to achieve boil.

Out door is sadly not an option for where I live.

This is an electric stove, right? You might want to search for something like "canning element." It's a heavy-duty replacement element.

buy an urn. Then you can boil inside easily and transfer the wort out of the tap as well more easily than the pot you are using. Easy fix for inside or appt brewing.

Just make sure you don't have a GE stove. I was going to try a canning element on my stove and then found out GE stoves use a non-standard element connection. My lucky day! :mad:

I got home to check my stove, naturally it's a GE. Does no one make a canning element for a GE? So far my search has not been successful.

could get a silicone mat so you don't scratch the surface of the stove, but do something like a bunch of washers stacked ontop of each other so you'd have like 6-8 stacks of washers so a bunch of the weight is resting on the washers but still has weight on the burners for all the poweR?

or elements IN the pot (i run 2 120v 1500w elements in mine, i can run it in just about any kitchen)

Latest posts

Back