Hey, Look What I Got!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ScubaSteve

Reaction score
Awesome Ebay score...99 cents plus 35 shipping....haven't checked the flow meter capabilities..but it makes an awesome sight glass....

ForumRunner_20121211_003222.jpg

ForumRunner_20121211_003232.png

ForumRunner_20121211_003243.jpg

A hearty thank you on all accounts ;) Ask yourself whether triclovers or camlocks are needed in our systems....? Sure..I've thought about fill volume and temp loss...but I threw out a random bid and won. I LOVE real industrial stuff...no contest vs. hobby stuff. This may serve as a sight glass/gauge all in one. If not I can sell it.

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty shocked to see how big it actually is...I expected it to be half that size. I figured what the heck and bid on it. I may put a backlight inside and use it as a sightglass...but I just scored THIS so we'll see. I've had lots of triclover stuff on a system in the past. It's cool, but the clamps and valves cost a fortune. I may just use this new sight glass without the triclover stuff.

Oh yeah....I also have one of THESE so maybe I can find some cool way to use all three.

Yeah, I agree. I was pretty shocked to see how big it actually is...I expected it to be half that size. I figured what the heck and bid on it. I may put a backlight inside and use it as a sightglass...but I just scored THIS so we'll see. I've had lots of triclover stuff on a system in the past. It's cool, but the clamps and valves cost a fortune. I may just use this new sight glass without the triclover stuff.

Oh yeah....I also have one of THESE so maybe I can find some cool way to use all three.

Just be sure to position them all to counteract the weight of each other. Otherwise, I suspect, you'll have a seriously side-heavy keggle.

I'd probably install a light into the first item and use it to illuminate the room I brew in (or where the beer is kept). Just be sure to use LOOOONG screws to secure it to the wall. :eek:

So whats the temp rating on that? I am envisioning a rims tube if it can handle the temps.

All 316SS and thick glass....I'm sure it'd be fine. But I've done RIMS before...not really interested in that. Probably gonna direct-fire the MT to hold temps. Cool thing about heavy ss is that it holds temp once it warms up.

All 316SS and thick glass....I'm sure it'd be fine. But I've done RIMS before...not really interested in that. Probably gonna direct-fire the MT to hold temps. Cool thing about heavy ss is that it holds temp once it warms up.

That can also be a bad thing (holding temp)... I would figure out how much volume the thing holds before looking to use it. I can also imagine it's not going to be easy to fit it to the side of a keggle. Thinking that it will still be better off as a light fixture. :eek: :D

That can also be a bad thing (holding temp)... I would figure out how much volume the thing holds before looking to use it. I can also imagine it's not going to be easy to fit it to the side of a keggle. Thinking that it will still be better off as a light fixture. :eek: :D

That thing would make an AWESOME light fixture.

That thing would make an AWESOME light fixture.

Exacary... I figured you could put in LED's and make them scroll over a solid light source. :D Or make it pulsate, throb, or something completely different. Go hard core and randomize what it does and how long before it does anything different. :rockin: I bet it will freak come people out the first time they see it working.

Or just use it as a door stop. :eek:

Back