Electric Keggles - Low Level Shutoffs??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sigmund

Reaction score
I see a lot of folks out there with electric keggles, just wondering how many of you incorporate some type of low level alarm or shutoff so you don't risk frying your elements? I keep pondering moving towards electric but I don't like the idea of no safety device for the element.

I use a few on my system. It's a 120 vac tank float I bought from Mc Master Carr, it is the same switch I use for my grant high level. All I do is use it to turn on and off a relay for the element.
I will look up what one it is for you if you like.
Cheers

I use a few on my system. It's a 120 vac tank float I bought from Mc Master Carr, it is the same switch I use for my grant high level. All I do is use it to turn on and off a relay for the element.
I will look up what one it is for you if you like.
Cheers

If you can find it, I'd appreciate it. The idea of an exposed element just doesn't sit well with me. I know sooner or later I'd leave it on.........

Back