Redhook and Widmer Merged

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Desert_Sky

Since 1998
Reaction score
Widmer and Redhook complete merger to become ‘Craft Brewers Alliance’

Widmer Brothers Brewing Company and Redhook Ale Brewery have completed their merger, renaming the combined company Craft Brewers Alliance.

David Mickelson, president and COO of Redhook prior to the merger, and Terry Michaelson, president of Craft Brands Alliance (Redhook and Widmer's sales and marketing joint venture), will serve as co-CEOs of the combined company.

Kurt Widmer, co-founder of Widmer Brothers, will serve as the company's chairman of the board. Paul Shipman, who most recently served as Redhook's chairman and CEO, will serve as chairman emeritus.

The merger resulted in existing Widmer Brothers and Redhook shareholders each holding approximately 50% of the outstanding shares in the combined company. Anheuser-Busch remains a strategic distribution partner for both sets of brands, and holds a minority equity stake in the company.

Interesting. Now maybe between the two of them, they will be able to put out one good beer. :D

(Just kidding, they both make excellent beer.)

Maybe between this and the Magic Hat/Pyramid deal, we can get some more west coast beers here on east coast.

I'm working on an investment research report on HOOK right now, it unlike many other names has held up pretty well this past few weeks. I'll post my findings when I'm done and I hope to be done by the end of the month.

If anyone's on the eastern US I'm interested to hear if Kona or the other Widmer brands (Drop Top Amber, Broken Halo IPA) are making it to your local pub or supermarket. Please post if you're seeing these brands in your area.

Thanks,
Doug

We get Broken Halo at the local Walmart here. I love that beer, and even have a clone for it (just need to brew it).

Hope this doesn't mean the Widmer beers will start having diacetyl in them. :D

Snowplow rocks... I have a pretty close clone in bottles as I type.
Just need to work out the recipe for consistency and I'll post it up. Probably after my next batch.

until then here is a link to an available clone kit.

yeah, my crappy clone cost like 30 bucks to make.
Thing is, you could probably recreate the kit.. he provides the ingredients.

I'm working on an investment research report on HOOK right now, it unlike many other names has held up pretty well this past few weeks. I'll post my findings when I'm done and I hope to be done by the end of the month.

If anyone's on the eastern US I'm interested to hear if Kona or the other Widmer brands (Drop Top Amber, Broken Halo IPA) are making it to your local pub or supermarket. Please post if you're seeing these brands in your area.

Thanks,
Doug

I work for an AB distributor on the east coast and we have carried these beers for sometime. These beers can be found in most of the northeastern US. If they are not,they could be carried by any retailer. On a rough guess these beers are carried by 10% of the accounts we service.

Back