Aeration Wand - Help Me Get Gunk out of the tube!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewThruYou

Reaction score
Yes, this was incredibly stupid. I poked powdered peanut butter through a funnel with the non-stone end of my aeration wand. There is now some powdered PB in the stainless tube. The air stone is permanently affixed to one end, so I can't take it off and blow it out.

I tried boiling the non stone end, but the gunk is still there and it's probably not powdered any more. Short of buying a $35 replacement...any ideas?

Soak in PBW for days, rinse, repeat until clean. It should breakdown any organic matter.

After it is clean, smack yourself acrossed the knuckles a few times so you remember not to do that again.

If you cant get it clean, and decide to buy a new one, you can PM me for my shipping address. :D

I tried soaking it for extended periods and no dice. It's still clogged. I soaked it in PBW upside down and right-side up for several days, shaking the container every once in a while. I can poke my thermometer in there and PB residue still comes off.

This is probably already fixed one way or another, but I would have just sawed off an inch of the end with the PB on it and then attached my o2 hose to it. A bit shorter, but a lot cheaper. Maybe if someone else has this problem they can use that idea.

Cbaddad said:
This is probably already fixed one way or another, but I would have just sawed off an inch of the end with the PB on it and then attached my o2 hose to it. A bit shorter, but a lot cheaper. Maybe if someone else has this problem they can use that idea.

I build my own aerating pipe/stone. Pet store carries the stones and my craft store carries the stainless pipe. Only costs me roughly $5 to build the same exact thing everyone pays $30 for. :cheers:

I build my own aerating pipe/stone. Pet store carries the stones and my craft store carries the stainless pipe. Only costs me roughly $5 to build the same exact thing everyone pays $30 for. :cheers:

They carry stainless stones at your Pet Store?

Latest posts

Back