Bottled beer storage & dry yeast storage

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raven77

Reaction score
Just 2 quick questions.
1. About how long can I store my homebrew (bottled) in a cool dark place before it goes bad? (my wife just found out that she is pregnant and i just started brewing so i was wondering if i can store a few for her until after the baby is born so she can try the progression of my new hobby)

2.When i buy my brewers best kits i have kept my dry yeast packs in my basement with my brew equipment at about 64 degrees. Should i be keeping them in the fridge until i use them? and if so how long do they need to warm up before i pitch them?

Thanks for the help
Happy brewing :mug:

1.) That's a broad question, many styles of beers taste better after conditioned in the bottle for months, (I especially have this experience with a lot of fuller bodied, and belgian style beers), and IPA's, and more hoppy beers tend to taste better fresh IME. There isn't really a time table, perhaps some decent practices for different types of beer.

2.) Most dry yeast the recommended temperature is 46 degrees F. I ALWAYS put mine in the fridge or freezer.

Back