rogue - Hazelnut Brown Nectar - what happened

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grinder12000

Reaction score
This was in my top 10 brews (I actually have a top 10) but the last 2 I tasted were not great at all. did that change?

Yea - let me know - maybe it was me but there use to be such a great aftertaste of Hazelnut and now it just all blends in (like my clones).

I was unimpressed (but drank the entire bomber).

I accidentally purchased one two weeks ago and was surprise at how subtle the hazelnut was, really nice. If it is normally more pronounced, I'll be more careful to avoid it in the future.

I'm with David_42... I prefer subtle.

In the past, this beer was too much. I also am not a fan of the chocolate stout for the same reason. If it has become more subtle, I should try it again!

It's been a while since I've gotten my hands on the Hazlenut Brown nectar. It's towards the top of my list of favorite beers. But a case of it is really expensive, and it only shows up in bars occasionally, and it's usually "oh sorry, we just kicked the keg and we're all out".

I hope they haven't changed it much. But I was pleasantly to find that Rogue sells a hazlenut nectar brewing kit.

My wife LOVES this beer and I quite enjoyed it as well. haven't had it for over a year though. Going to Cincy next weekend and hope to pick up some 09 vertical. Maybe grab another of these to try again. Did they change it?

I have had two of the Rogue Hazelnut brown nectars in the last few weeks. The first was my first time ever. Great beer!! One of the top browns out there. The second last night was so good that I am looking for a recipe right now.

Austin sells an extract kit I made earlier this year. It was good, but the hazelnut was almost nonexistent. I would prefer at least some hazelnut flavor to come through.

But I would make it again; I have not had the original to compare.

Latest posts

Back