One Step Closer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For your first, you can go one of two ways....

1. Make a dark pretty flavorful beer that can mask any mistakes you may make on your first time.

2. Make a lighter style beer so you can tell if there are any mistakes, and so you can correct that on the next batch.

AG really isn't bad at all, I mean don't get me wrong it can be pretty intimidating your first time. But there really isn't much to it.

Let us know which way you want to go. Im sure someone will have a recipe for you

I definitely say go with a lighter style for your first AG. Go with an ale too. This way you won't run into any problems relative to lagering to try and troubleshoot. Try to stay away from wheat beers though; because they have a greater potential for a stuck run-off during the sparge; unless you've done a few wheat beer mini mashes and have a good feel for sparging already. Just keep the recipe simple and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Back