CT Group Grain Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Wilbraham, MA here. If our shipment gets delayed (right now were looking at an aug 6th pickup) to aug 13, is there anyone near that can help out until aug 20th ( the day I get back into town). I hope we can still keep the aug 6th date.

In Wilbraham, MA here. If our shipment gets delayed (right now were looking at an aug 6th pickup) to aug 13, is there anyone near that can help out until aug 20th ( the day I get back into town). I hope we can still keep the aug 6th date.

I am in Palmer so I should be able to help.

drez77 said:
I am in Palmer so I should be able to help.

Awesome a fellow brewer In my area, are you in any clubs? Sparge.us?

I am going to look into this in the AM. We might have the chance to get a pallet and a half and access the 3000 Lb pricing and then everyone benefits. If I can I will try and make this happen.

any luck on this?

I was # 1 on the list and filled out the form , still don't know what's up?.....haven't heard anything. And where's pickup?

NOGO on adding a second pallet to this order. We would not get any extra price break at the 3000 lb level and we would have to pay shipping for each additional pallet (which is $80 + 20% fuel surcharge). So it just makes more sense to handle a second pallet as a completely separate order.

For those who missed out this time, keep in mind that the last order was only 2 months ago. So demand builds up pretty fast...you won't be waiting long.

1500 pounds? You guys do 30 bags at the time? Damn... my local homebrew club did 400 bags just during our spring buy, and that's only because the organizers cut it off at that point because it'd be too much to deal with :eek:

NOGO on adding a second pallet to this order. We would not get any extra price break at the 3000 lb level and we would have to pay shipping for each additional pallet (which is $80 + 20% fuel surcharge). So it just makes more sense to handle a second pallet as a completely separate order.

For those who missed out this time, keep in mind that the last order was only 2 months ago. So demand builds up pretty fast...you won't be waiting long.

damnit! I can't guarantee I'll still be wanting to do this in 2 months b/c I want some grain SOON. but for future reference is it the same person organizing it every 2 months or does the duty get handed off?

1500 pounds? You guys do 30 bags at the time? Damn... my local homebrew club did 400 bags just during our spring buy, and that's only because the organizers cut it off at that point because it'd be too much to deal with :eek:

Congratulations on being part of an active and thriving homebrew club. I am not part of one so this is just a collection of 10 people who said they wanted to buy grain in bulk.

We did 42 bags (a full pallet) and since there is no advantage to doing more I decided to keep it simple with a quick turnaround. I am waaay too lazy to co-ordinate 400 bags - I'll leave that to you and your club.

damnit! I can't guarantee I'll still be wanting to do this in 2 months b/c I want some grain SOON. but for future reference is it the same person organizing it every 2 months or does the duty get handed off?

I don't think it will be the same person...or at least *I* am not volunteering to organize this every 2 months. I might do it a few times a year but my guess is it will be a different person every time. You are more than welcome to take the torch - it's a good way to guarantee you get in on the buy - although the organizing part can be a bit time consuming.

I don't think it will be the same person...or at least *I* am not volunteering to organize this every 2 months. I might do it a few times a year but my guess is it will be a different person every time. You are more than welcome to take the torch - it's a good way to guarantee you get in on the buy - although the organizing part can be a bit time consuming.

wouldn't the person ordering need to already have an account at NCM? otherwise I certainly would be organizing my own group buys.

zymological said:
wouldn't the person ordering need to already have an account at NCM? otherwise I certainly would be organizing my own group buys.

Have you called them. This would answer your question. I do not believe that is accurate but CMG could confirm that quick.

emjay said:

I find it ironic that under your user name you have "long winded bag of wind" and your post above provides absolutely no value to this thread.

nediver said:
I find it ironic that under your user name you have "long winded bag of wind" and your post above provides absolutely no value to this thread.

That would be "expected" — the very opposite of what ironic means. But the tag WAS carefully chosen.

A couple of beers last night and I wasn't trying to step on any toes, but apparently people are still super-duper upset.

I apologize for the most serious crime of (apparently) turning a grain buy into a genital-measuring contest. Never would have posted it had I remembered how insecure some guys get about that. I promise (honestly) to delete that post as soon as I get to my PC. It's the girth that really matters, anyway.

Have you called them. This would answer your question. I do not believe that is accurate but CMG could confirm that quick.

others have. if you haven't ordered within the last year and you aren't a business they won't deal with you. I was kind of acting like I didn't know in the post above but all sources say they are cutting homebrewers off slowly but surely.

emjay said:
That would be "expected" — the very opposite of what ironic means. But the tag WAS carefully chosen.

A couple of beers last night and I wasn't trying to step on any toes, but apparently people are still super-duper upset.

I apologize for the most serious crime of (apparently) turning a grain buy into a genital-measuring contest. Never would have posted it had I remembered how insecure some guys get about that. I promise (honestly) to delete that post as soon as I get to my PC. It's the girth that really matters, anyway.

:) you have redeemed yourself with this funny post. It's true I felt the measuring stick come out. I was just messing with you which is hard to perceive electronically.

Hey been busy with work, still don't know if i still have my spot for the 4 bags that i reserved to get the ball rolling on this thing?

Did you get back the quote from NCM today?

No quote yet. They told us their computers are down and they're short staffed so we wouldn't get a quote until Monday. Fortunately, we are in their 1 day ship zone so when we do order it should be here the next day.

If I don't get a quote by Monday I will bill people against the list price and refund as necessary to accommodate discounts. It's a bit of a hassle, I know, but I just don't want to push this back much further.

Received the quote this morning. Prices are very good and in line with original expectations. Please review your quote for details (which wrightbrew) will be sending out. Concerning hops, if you haven't already get your requests in. The hop prices will be off the home brew catalog and not the commercial catalog linked in the first post of this thread. However you can follow that link to see hop availability. He is a quick snapshot of your lazy

UK Hops:
All available

Slovenian:
Styrian Sold Out

French:
All available

Czech:
All available

German:
Saphir Sold Out
Tettanger Sold Out

Organics:
NZ Hallertaur available

The following US Hops are sold out:

Willamette
Simcoe
Sorachi
Newport
Mt Hood
Horizon
Falconer Flight
Citra
Centennial
Amarillo
Ahtanum

Invoices have been sent to everyone currently participating in this buy.

I have payments from:

- joshs
- flexbrew
- erikhild59
- tomCT
- wesolomon
- nediver

Thanks for your prompt payment.

Everyone in the list below; check your email for the invoice and payment instructions.

- dami860
- drez77
- kaz4121
- thunder001

If you are not on this list, you are on the waiting list.

Payment sent

Invoices have been sent to everyone currently participating in this buy.

I have payments from:

- joshs
- flexbrew
- erikhild59
- tomCT
- wesolomon
- nediver

Thanks for your prompt payment.

Everyone in the list below; check your email for the invoice and payment instructions.

- dami860
- drez77
- kaz4121
- thunder001

If you are not on this list, you are on the waiting list.

Hey thanks again for setting this up. Could you post the date/location for pickup? Id be willing to ferry for anyone in new london county.

erikhid59 I also live in Griswold, CT. Maybe we can work out one of us doing the pick up. Let me know.

thunder001

No sense for both of us to go and pick up the grain. I can give you money for gas if you can pick my order up on Sat. or I can pick yours up for a small charge for gas? Let me know.

I will probly go up , ill pick yours up if you want. Just need the pickup address and a spot to meet up after.

Wow! Thanks for the super fast payments. The order shall be placed tomorrow! I will be in touch with full pickup details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back