How to avoid paying a tow truck driver

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One more time, for me. I'm slow tonight lol

In most, if not all states, instruction by a government official that violates the law does not excuse you violating the law unless it is somebody of supreme authority, like the chief of police. So unless he talked to the chief of police or the sheriff, knowing who he talked to probably won't do any good if they were wrong.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
In most, if not all states, instruction by a government official that violates the law does not excuse you violating the law unless it is somebody of supreme authority, like the chief of police. So unless he talked to the chief of police or the sheriff, knowing who he talked to probably won't do any good if they were wrong.

Maybe not, but in a small town if the cops came to make a report, and OP was able to say the I talked to Deputy SoandSo last Tuesday, it would carry a lot more weight than otherwise. They may dismiss it. I wasn't trying to say that as a catch all having a law enforcement officers blessing gives you exemption from the law. Sorry if it seemed that way. I was only referring specifically to this case.

Hi, I ended up in this thread via google but, by law, if you arrive before your car is hooked up they are required to allow you to move it.

If the owner or other legally authorized person in control of the vehicle arrives at the scene prior to removal or towing of the vehicle, and is legally capable of removing the vehicle, the vehicle shall be disconnected from the towing or removal apparatus, and that person shall be allowed to remove the vehicle without interference upon the payment of a reasonable service fee of not more than one-half (1/2) of the applicable rate for such towing or removal, for which a receipt shall be given unless that person refuses to remove the vehicle from the property where it is otherwise unlawfully parked. There shall be no charge if the vehicle has not been connected to the tow truck.

Back