Where to buy D2 candi syrup?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spiffcow

Reaction score
So apparently every major online HBS is out of D2 candi syrup? Northern Brewer has been sold out for months, AHS is sold out, Midwest is sold out, Rebel Brewer is sold out.. Where the hell do you get this stuff?!

You wait or you make your own. There is thread on here about making your own if you are interested. It's really not difficult. I was told that Perfect Brewing in Illinois was expecting it back in stock Dec. 20. We'll see. You can also have Midwest email you when it is in.

Wow, I had no idea is was so hard to get! I just picked up a bag at my LHBS today!! $8.50 but hopefully it's worth it.

I make my own everytime I make a dubbel now. Before I would buy it, but once I tried making it following the guidelines on HBT (IDK where the thread is currently) and compared it to the commercial stuff and it is very good. The recipe I use.

1lb raw sugar
.5C water
1.5tsp DAP
heat to 290 slowly, about 45min
remove from heat
SLOWLY add .5C water
pour slowly into a preheated mason jar and cap before cooling.
Shelf stable for at least 6mo.

Since the solution is mostly sugar, it will go higher than 212*F and higher than 290*F.

And yes, with a stove.

Latest posts

Back