Happy Birthday, Walker!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not actually your birthday here yet, but I'll wish it anyway. I wish you have a happy birthday. That better not count as one of my three wishes.

Three more until freedom 35!

Thanks, guys.

I normally take the day off work, but I'm super busy right now and can't afford to do that this time, but I am brewing an AG version of my 80/- tomorrow come hell or high water.

I made my starter last night after watching the Bengals take down the Ravens in what was damn close to a shut-out. (I'll have to write the Ravens a letter and thank them for the birthday gift.)

We've got a babysitter for the kids tonight, and I've picked out a Creole seafood restaurant for dinner. I already know what I'm getting; bacon wrapped scallops to get things rolling and and shrimp w/ andouille over dirty rice with a side of okra for my main course.

When I get back home, I've got the last of my espresso stout sitting in the fridge now. It was a birthday present to myself last year... I opened the first bottle on 12/01/05, and I'm going to open the last one today. It's been aged for close to 14 months at this point. :mug:

To finish off the evening, I'm betting SWMBO has something appropriately skimpy on hand.:ban:

Happy Birthday Walker-San. It's my son's birthday too! He was born over here in Germany.

Here's a cold Hefe for you!

AyingerHefe.jpg

Flyin' Lion said:
Happy birthday, man. :mug:

:off: I gotta learn to speak german, I feel left out of some of these conversations.

I hear ya, the only German I know is "Ich bin ein Berliner". If they spoke German on Hogan's Heroes reruns I would speak the language fluently.

BOSTONBREWIN' said:
I hear ya, the only German I know is "Ich bin ein Berliner". If they spoke German on Hogan's Heroes reruns I would speak the language fluently.

The only german you NEED to know is "Ein Bier bitte!"

That should result in someone bringing you a beer.

-walker

Flyin' Lion said:
Happy birthday, man. :mug:

:off: I gotta learn to speak german, I feel left out of some of these conversations.

Yeah I had two years of German in high school, back in the stone age..... I don't remember much of it, but I try........

Hey Walker- Froeliche Geburtstag! (did I spell that right?):confused:

Walker-san said:
The only german you NEED to know is "Ein Bier bitte!"

That should result in someone bringing you a beer.

-walker

The other useful phrase to know in all languages is "put it on his tab". :D

A very Happy Belated Birthday Walker-San. Mother Nature sez hello from this neck of the woods. She says any time you want some serious ice to chill the wort, she'll send some of this your way. :p

Sorry I missed it, but hope you had a happy and all the best in the coming year. :rockin:

Ize

Back