Could it really happen?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Incinerator

Reaction score
As the days go by I can't help but get more excited. When it started I was just another optimistic fan making comments only for the sake of dreaming. Kinda like buying lotto tickets with your co-workers just so you can talk about how nice it would be. I'm talking about Jay Cutler. Being a Chicago fan I realize that the Bears having a QB is like a lobbyist have a soul. But as this soap opera unfolds I really think that the Bears stand to be "the" team that could land him.

If your also a Bears fan you know that our team is not one to make waves by throwing around picks and aquiring big name players. We like to keep it in house, which I think is one reason we could land Cutler. But lets start with what Denver needs. There going to want a capeable QB which you could make the argument for Orton, atleast against the other QBs from other teams that are going to be in the running. They're also going to be in need of some defense, the only area the Bears really excede in. But this is also where I find the only hold up. All of our guys are either unproven or have huge contracts and are old. (e.g Urlacher) Except Lance Briggs and Tommy Harris. Also there going to be wanting picks.

What I think could be the package to land Cutler would look something like this: Orton, T.Harris, 2009 1st round pick, and possibly another high pick from 2009 or 2010. There are going to be other teams in the mix that may be able to bring something as good if not better to the table, but I think that Cutler may want to come here. Its obvious that he's didn't like the vibe out in Denver, and I think that he might like the family orriented feel that the Bears have. They reward there players, not bring in new coaches thats first move is to try and replace your franchise QB with a guy who played ONE season under the "genius" Bellichk, and surrounded with great talent. For the record I don't like the patriots, but you have to respect what that team has produced, especially finding QB talent.

Overall I think that its make or break for our GM Jerry Angello. You don't want to be remembered as the guy who took your team to the SB got up by two TD's and blew it. Its time to give Chicago a F'in QB already. I'm only 23, I can only imagine the older fans and how much they would love to finally see a real QB. Oh and to top it off Cutler grew up a Bears fan, I don't think it matters but its still nice to hear. Basically what I'm saying is that I wouldn't be mad if they traded the world. If they want two 1st rounders give it to em. You already know hes great. Just wanted to see what you guys think, if your a Bears fan let me know if you think I'm crazy or if you could see this happening too. Or tell me how your team is a better fit. All I know is Cutler, Forte, Hester, Olsen, "newer" O-line...we will own our division for years. DA BEARS!

Baaaaahaahahahahah!!!

Go back to sleep my young friend and just keep dreaming. Jerry Angello is a terrible GM and should be fired along with Lovie Smith.

Yea I know, thats what I've been saying. But this would totally redeem them from these past years of being for lack of better word, sackless.

Hahaahahahahahahah......This is a good day to be a Bears fan.....I can't beleive that it happened!!!!

Next thing you know, the Cubs will win the WS and hell will freeze over

Back