WOO-HOO Killer freebie today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SAS98M

Reaction score
Stopped at a co-workers house today,we were lookin' for something in his garage-I spotted 2 march pumps-the small 110v jobs-I asked..He said if I could use them I could have them--He didn't need to ask twice-popped them in my lunch cooler-brought em home---"If it's Fo Free-It's Fo me"
Couple questions- These both appear to have an almost bakelite(spl ? )possibly plastic and brass pump housings--Can these safely be use on a brewing station ? And secondly what or were would the flowrate of these pumps be ? Lastly they both have 3 wires -2 blacks and a green w/yellow tracer-How should they be wired so I don't melt em down ?

Any info about these pumps would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Shane

Serial # 4RA-11131R,Model # JB2M037D,Also another sticker W/serial # M055464-Wow that was quick....

SAS98M said:
Serial # 4RA-11131R,Model # JB2M037D,Also another sticker W/serial # M055464-Wow that was quick....
A search of that model number indicates that it is not a March pump, but one made by the Universal Electric Company. I can't find any other data on it however. Sorry.

Wayne
Bugeater Brewing Company

Fellas try this number-DUH....I should've turned the motor over and looked on the March sticker--Model #809--2" dia. Try that on for size and lemme know. Thanks again. Shane

pump center section-almost appears to only be an adapter type housing looks to be some type of injection moulded plastic,stainless steel seperator ? plate,then a brass impellor body 1/2"npt in,1/2"npt out--any ideas ?

Hey EVANMARS,Thanks for that March site:mug: -I didn't even think of checking for that:confused: -DUH. I found the exact pump on there-figured out that these pumps probably were used for a solar heat type thing,they run at 1500 rpm's and pump at 3.1 GPM. Thanks again.

Do You think that these could be used for batch sparging ? could they be slowed down by using a light dimmer reostat type set-up,or should a valve be used to regulate output ?
Shane

Oh Crap ! Third time editing---Are these Bronze-(per March site) bodied pumps safe for the x-fer of wort and beer related doings ? Sorry

You shouldnt have problems with brass unless you have alum in your rig too. Aulm & brass will cause oxidation. stainless is aok.

Is there a electrical box mounted to the motor or are the wire just right out the body of the motor?
As for the wiring, i would guess that one of the wires should have a white stripe, thats nuetral, black hot, green/yel ground.

other wise do you have a picture of the pump?

Back