Bottle Score

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EzMak24

Reaction score
I just made a big score on some free bottles. There is this family owned Italian restaurant that me and some guys at work go to alot. We were their the other day and I saw the bar tender throwing away an empty bottle of wine. After talking to her for a few they said they would hold on to all their empty wine bottles and sam adams bottles for me. I now have a free supply of wine and beer bottles. If you have any family owned restaurants in your area that you go to a lot maybe you could hit them up for some free bottles.

I just tossed 4 cases of bottles into the recycling bin this weekend. I kept 2 cases but a new keg system is on the way. My wife say the storage space being so clean and said I should have bought kegs from the beginning. Seriously- if you love the hobby go to kegs.

I just bottled my last beer and I could not be any happier. I just built my keezer and and have 4 kegs lined up to be used.

I am so glad to be done with bottles. Removing labels is the absolute worst!

Ohh and BTW, I dont think you can bottle in wine bottles. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they are not meant to hold pressure. Champagne bottles is what you would want to use.

I just bottled my last beer and I could not be any happier. I just built my keezer and and have 4 kegs lined up to be used.

I am so glad to be done with bottles. Removing labels is the absolute worst!

Ohh and BTW, I dont think you can bottle in wine bottles. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but they are not meant to hold pressure. Champagne bottles is what you would want to use.

You don't have to remove the labels to reuse the bottles and most labels will fall off after a good soak in PBW.

I'd love to keg and hope to some day but for now it is bottles.

You are partially correct in that you cannot use wine bottles to bottle carbonated beverages like beer. However many members here make wines or meads that are bottled still. These often present better in a corked wine bottle than a beer bottle.

Craig

I just scored five cases of bottles with the labels already removed! price? Free! on craigslist. I did have to drive 40 miles round trip; it was worth every mile

Back