My first keg just kicked...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfc

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'll never forget it. It was a milk stout and a damn tasty one at that. It's a sad day.

The bright side is the fact that now I get to fill it with something else!

For the sake of all that's good, get to brewing!!! I've got four full and three empty kegs (space for four in the keezer), and I've got a quick turn-around Pale Mild fermenting and plans to brew a Coffee Vanilla Porter and a Saison this weekend to fill the empties before I empty the filled!

I've got a neapolitan stout that is probably going in the keg once it's done with secondary. I need to get a chest freezer and more kegs though...

dfc said:
I've got a neapolitan stout that is probably going in the keg once it's done with secondary. I need to get a chest freezer and more kegs though...

To be fair, I wouldn't even know where to start mixing a record, so I imagine your hands are full!

To be fair, I wouldn't even know where to start mixing a record, so I imagine your hands are full!

Yeah, there can be a lot involved with mixing. It just so happens with this record there is, so I'll get it done when I get it done. :D

I love it though, so I'm not complaining.

I kicked my first keg last week, a pale ale that I started drinking too early.
I went out of town for a week and a half, came back, and my once cloudy beer was a nice dark yellow, and I could see right through it. 6 glasses later, I was blowing CO2.

Just gotta have at least 2 kegs, with a full one always on deck. Thought my Irish Red was going to kick this week, but I checked this morning and still easily a gallon left. Maybe fill a couple of growlers for the Holiday weekend as the wife wants the Sunset Wheat on tap starting next week.

You can see we're usually the opposite, anxious to get the next one tapped and flowing! Another reason I like to sugar prime, the on deck brew is already carbed and conditioned, just need to cool her down for 4 or 5 days.

Back