LHBS aroma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_Roqk

Reaction score
I've just received my order from my LHBS for an American Amber Ale that I will be brewing (hopefully) this Friday. Right now I'm enjoying the aroma from the packaging that it came in. It has filled my kitchen with the essence of my LHBS. You know, freshly milled grain and whole hops. I wish there was an essence out there that could be made from this smell. I know there is and it usually lingers a few days after I brew. If someone could capture this aroma and put it in an airfreshener they would be on easy street. I wish my whole house could smell this way.

I brewed a bitter last night and my wife was complaining afterward of how bad the house smelled.

I feel bad for her, she must be broken.

My pantry smells like that. There's about 150 lbs of grain there. Sometimes I just open it and stick my head in for some relief! Luckily my wife likes the smell of brewing beer as much as I do.

My wife hates it when I brew! She can't stand the smell, but I love it! I think it's because she's pregnant, and she has that super-sensitive-pregnancy sense of smell right now. Hope she gets used to it! Might have something to do with the fact that she can't drink anything that I brew right now, either!:( But yeah, I love the smell of my LHBS. I wish somebody made an air freshener that smelled like that, too. Hey, that's a great idea........

I pity the people who come home at the end of my brewday and say "what stinks in here." I tell them it was just fine until they showed up.

I know what you mean though...I have a hop box and a grain box...delicious smelling.

Back