Big Dog Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sause

Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
When I was out helping my brother move to Las Vegas we stopped by a Local Brew Pub called the Big Dog Draft House. I tried the sampler which was your choice of five out of about eleven beers. I pick out the Klosch comma Mai Bock comma Red Ale comma Belgian Dubble comma and their Impieral IPA. The Kolsch was good it didn't have the hop bitterness I'm use to in my Pilsners but the hop flavor was there. The Mai Bock was too sweet for my taste but I haven't had a Mai Bock I liked yet. The Red Ale was good comma it was sweet like a brown with enough hops to come close to balancing out. The Dubble was also sweet and they must have fermented this one at a really high temp. because the esters were out of control and you could taste the alcohol. The IIPA was fantastic though one of the better ones I've had comma it had a real malt back bone and the hops to make your tounge sit at the of your mouth.

The food their is also very good. And for you cheese heads it's a Wisconsin bar.

Excellent! Headed to Vegas this weekend! Anyone know anything about the other brewpubs there? I've heard good things about Ellis Island Brewery... Thanks

oh, I've also heard that the Ellis Island place has pints for a buck or something like that. Anyone know anything about that? Is it true? False? And why do they put a place called Ellis Island Brewery in the middle of the freaking desert?

Back