LHBS closed down...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOVA Brewer

Reaction score
Man, what a bummer. Getting ready to pick up stuff for my third brew today, and called over to my LHBS to make sure he was open. He's typically open Wednesday through Saturday, but his website will say if the store is closed on a particular day. He runs the shop out of his basement, so the guy has to take vacations sometimes.

Sadly, it turns out the county zoning board paid him a visit, and he is now strictly an on-line operation. No opportunity for "in-store pick-up" on orders, either. Dammit!

He runs an online store out of his house. With birds of a feather and all, odds are he's friends with every single homebrewer, and there's no law against having your friends over. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out the rest of that operation.

NOVA Brewer said:
Sadly, it turns out the county zoning board paid him a visit, and he is now strictly an on-line operation. No opportunity for "in-store pick-up" on orders, either. Dammit!

welcome to my world

sorry to hear that

Whats the web address, maybe I can throw some biz his way. Help him out and post the address. He may swing by to "try some of your beer and forget things at your house". wink wink

Thanks for the shoulders to cry on, guys. :D

His shop is http://jaysbrewing.com/catalog/

He's a great guy, and did a lot to bring me into the hobby in terms of advice, suggestions, etc. His prices are fairly competitive, and if you're in the Mid-Atlantic region, the shipping is probably pretty quick, too.

Back