• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB used kegerator or chest freezer SO Cal.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimgriz

Reaction score
I've been craigslist and eBay crazy for the last three weeks looking for a used kegerator or chest freezer that I can convert. I live in Santa Barbara CA ( you would think that isla vista would be full of these things with 20,000 students around) and am willing to travel from Ventura to San Luis Obispo. Looking to spend under $300.
Thanks!

Thanks for the reply and those are actually some good prices for new freezers. I've checked out a few of the 5 cubic foot freezers and they seem a bit small to fit a couple 5 gal kegs inside. The cooling equipment or motor looks like it takes up a bit of what little space there is inside. And to keep inside my Christmas budget I thought used would be a good way to go. Your reply has given me hope how ever. Thanks again!

No problem...You know there is a thread around here made by EdWort where he made cardboard cutouts of the bottoms of his kegs and took them to the store and measured how many kegs would fit in each freezer...If your brave enough for the search...or just make some on your own.

I used to live in Simi and still have family / friends there...I'll put the word out and if anything turns up, I'll let you know.

Back