Noob to Gimp and Inkscape - Help!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RIBeer

Reaction score
Ok, so I have the basic parts of a label completed. I used Inkscape to make a red oval with black text that conforms to the curve. The oval has a white center. I want to add an image to the center. I somehow think I need Gimp for this step, but I can't figure out how to do the layer thing to be able to lay the oval and text over the pic, then make the pic show through the center of the oval.

Anyone know what I need to do?

When adding the new layer you can alter the oppacity between the 2 layers to blend them.

Also if you put your second source on the clipboard I think if you go to the edit menu, there is a specific option to paste as a new layer.

I think I figured out the layers thing, but I'm still not sure how to make one part of the top layer transparent. I can get the whole thing that way, but I can't figure out how to be able to see just the part of the image that is in the center oval.

Back