Wyeast leak!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aleforge

Reaction score
Has anyone ever has a Wyeast pack pop at the bottom when you smack it? I had one yesterday happen and it shot yeast all over my shirt. :drunk: Those things always make me nervous! :cross:

Well I don't smack it with a lot of force. I just lay the smack pack on the counter feel for the inner packet move it to the corner and push down on it with the palm of my hand. It pops fairly easy this way.

I usually push the nutrient packet into a bottom corner and secure it there with my left hand, and then give it a smack with the right. It pops easily that way. No need to spank it with the old BDSM paddle.

I pushed the little guy into one corner, and smacked the pack holding it in my left palm with my right hand. I am hoping it actually popped when that happened and it didn't have a small leak before hand. Today the batch still isn't taking off, although I dumped the pack into a sanitized container and it was bubbling away when I tossed her in.

Oh well! :mug:

Back