Costco danby kegerator review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bizzam

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first thread on this forum and I hope I posted in the appropriate section. Anyway, I am new to home brewing and I have been kegging my beers so I wanted to find a nice kegerator to keep inside. I found a pre built one at Costco for $369 including a 5lb co2 tank and regulator. I started doing some research and I read some not so great reviews but I decided to purchase anyway because Costco will let you return anything.

My experience with this kegerator has been great so far. I ordered a new 2 faucet tower with ss perlicks from keg connection and I did the insulated tower mod with copper piping. It's been in service for 1 week so far, so this isn't a good long term review but I will update as it ages. One of the negative things I read is that it's not great at keeping the beer cold. This has not been my experience so far, I actually froze the beer lines the first 24 hours I had kegs in there.

I have invested about $600 into this kegerator with the new tower and I don't think I could have built one for much cheaper, plus this was new. I'm somewhat handy but I don't have a lot of tools so it was much easier for me to buy one rather than build it, and I can return it if I ever have any issues.

Anyway, I just wanted to pass along my 2 cents on this since I read a lot of negative reviews.

A8856663-9B1A-4E75-862E-EA965744A260-3046-000002FFCF2246AB_zps6a00ecec.jpg

69A45241-FA55-43D8-BB1C-BC518BB8883D-3046-000002FFD578E458_zpscae29b27.jpg

1202C684-ABAE-4397-8869-00E98A5953AE-3046-000002FFE45F0F3D_zpse82a7b34.jpg

F2D9993A-0F33-40C0-9736-522100AE3FC1-3046-00000300D0915593_zps69c9009b.jpg

It does have a bracket to have the co2 mounted on the back of the fridge but there is only 1 port for the co2 line in. I may re-do my gas lines and T them after it runs into the fridge if I get sick of having the co2 in the way of my kegs. Are there any advantages to having the gas outside?

I started having all sorts of issues with my regulator, so I took it apart to rebuild it... and I found quite a bit of corrosion, and one of the gauges was stuck as well. It was a really cheap regulator, and I'm sure that had a hand in its demise, but I'm sure it would have lasted longer in a less humid environment. I'll be keeping my tank outside the fridge from now on...

Hi, thanks for putting this up. Wondering if you thought there would be enough room for 3 kegs and the Co2 tank?

Ron

I purchased the same fridge from Costco. I had an issue with the compressor a few months back and the sent me a whole new fridge set up. Co2 tank and all. I only had to return the fridge. So now I have a spare co2 tank .

I would say the fridge serves it's propose and keeps the beer cold. I will be upgrading to a 1 faucet tower in the future same as OP did.

You would be able to fit 3 corny kegs at most if you store the co2 tank on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I don't think 3 corny kegs will fit, at least not ball lock style. I'm not sure if pin locks are skinnier, if they are you may be able to get 3 in there.

In the picture of the inside with the kegs you can see the co2 tank is about all the space there is. The rear keg is pushed to the back of the fridge.

Mine is still running great, I have had zero issues and beer temp is consistently nice and cold.

I bought the same model from Costco about a year ago and have not had any issues with it. It is a great kegerator for the price, and as Bizzam states, Costco's return policy is really good!

Back