Coffin Keezer List

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah definitely, I need to do a search and update soon, possibly tomorrow, but I definitely added it to the spreadsheet and will add it to the thread! I need to make time for myself to look for new ones every week - I always forget and then have weeks of threads to comb through!

I'm currently posting my build, I will have it finished soon if you are interested. I probably should have posted in DIY.

So what would be the smallest freezer to buy to hold the following (four taps) - two tanks (c02 and one beer gas for guiness) .

1 tap guinesss
1 tap bud select for the wife
2 taps various microbrews (initially bought from stores.. )

Initially I'll be going to the liquor store and getting the kegs in whatever size they sell. I guess I should stop by there first. I think Guinness only comes in the half barrel, I hope the others are smaller. I would later hope to migrate to corny kegs and home brew

Initially I'll be going to the liquor store and getting the kegs in whatever size they sell. I guess I should stop by there first. I think Guinness only comes in the half barrel, I hope the others are smaller. I would later hope to migrate to corny kegs and home brew

You absolutely need to figure out your keg sizes. Sixtels are closest to corny kegs that I know of but you also should consider the connections. Do you not currently brew beer? Commercial connections will be sankey and not ball or pin lock. Your investment to use commercial kegs will be one thing then when you move to a home system you have to decide if you want to stick with sankey or move to pin or ball lock.

I am working on my top for my keezer. I initially used 3/4" ply for the top screwed thru the lid to 1/2" ply on the inside of the lid. I found granite tile at home depot. With the weight of the 3/4 " ply the lid is heavy. Can I change out the 3/4 ply for 1/2" ply and still put my granite tile on. Keezer is a frigid aire 14.8

I used granite tile on the same size keezer. It's heavy but I can lift it. I used 1 x 6 poplar around the edges which may have saved a few pounds. Pm me if you'd like a picture

Any ideas instead of granite

I used all oak on mine and made a picture frame out of 1x4s on the top of the 3/4 inch, sanded it all down good and then poured this Polyurethane epoxy into the picture frame. It really brought out the color of the wood.
http://www.lowes.com/pd_298930-1149...tURL=?Ntt=polyurethane+and+varnish&facetInfo=

However, I attached my lid with brackets from the bottom of the plywood so there are no bolts through the lid. The lid is heavy but doesn't need extra support to keep it raised.

Have just finished my coffin keezer build and thought I would sign up to say thanks to all the previous posters as I got quiet a bit of inspiration and ideas from this thread.

Finished keezer waiting to move inside.

med_gallery_7015_1330_93058.jpg

5 x 650SS perlicks

med_gallery_7015_1330_5810.jpg

Obligatory LED strip down lighting

med_gallery_7015_1330_32752.jpg

Twin STC1000's - one controls the freezer and cabinet ventilation fans, the other controls the fan into the coffin

med_gallery_7015_1330_53721.jpg

Removable skirting board for when the keezer needs to be moved as its on castors. A high capacity fan behind each vent to ventilate the cabinet.

med_gallery_7015_1330_706583.jpg

Some detail of the coffin

med_gallery_7015_1330_779787.jpg

med_gallery_7015_1330_285693.jpg

I'm late to this game, but here is my build...SWMBO demanded I create something rustic if it was going to be inside the house. Cut up some old pallets and ran with it.

image.jpg

Amazing !!! Too bad there's a epidemic going on right now. All the chest freezers are gone to all the hoarders.

You absolutely need to figure out your keg sizes. Sixtels are closest to corny kegs that I know of but you also should consider the connections. Do you not currently brew beer? Commercial connections will be sankey and not ball or pin lock. Your investment to use commercial kegs will be one thing then when you move to a home system you have to decide if you want to stick with sankey or move to pin or ball lock.
Well crapola!. I didn't think about that.

Latest posts

Back