Kegerator Build?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgardner6

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking at building my kegerator and want to use a compact fridge and instead of a freezer. I was wondering who has used a compact fridge, what size is it , and how many cornys can you fit? I want to be able to fit 3 cornys without the co2 tank in it (I will have it on the outside).

If you go compact...make sure you find one of the models that will actually accept two cornelius kegs. Most of the people doing it use a particular Sanyo or Kenmore unit that has NO freezer section. Just fridge section. It holds two cornelius kegs. I think you'll be opting for a true Keg cooler if you find a compact unit that will hold 3 cornelius kegs. Those are usually much more expensive.

I elected to go to Brands Mart and bought their cheapest fridge. They're always running ads for a cheap refrigerator. When you get to the store they try to upsale you... Do you want an ice maker? Do you want a crisper drawer? Of course most people want these things. You should have seen the look on thier faces when I said Nope...I'll take it just like that!

The only drawback to mine is...it only holds 5 Cornelius kegs...if I would have gone just a little bigger...I could have gotten 6 kegs in there. Oh well...

Have a great time constructing your fridge. It's super nice to have cold draft on tap at home.

Back