What I did for beer today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to admit...I've done nothing for beer but drink it lately. With Little League & soccer I've been way too busy. But today I WILL bottle my latest Hopslam clone AND my Citra IPA.

Did a 30 day taste of my first Belgian Dark. Tried one at 1 week in the bottle - undrinkable. Now at 30 days, it was still basically flat but it was at least drinkable. What a great way to learn about how a beer changes!

I'm prolly not the first to say that the title of this thread cracks me up.

That'll be 10 beers for a ****, 15 beers for a $$$$, 20 beers for a @@@. What's a @@@? If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Kegging a NB/Centennial APA. Also transferring 12 gallons of IPA to secondary and dry hopping with 2.5oz of Falconer's 7 C's hop. This was the second time I brewed this IPA exclusively using those 7C's hops and everyone raved about the first batch.

Just dry hopped my first IPA. Hydro reading sample tasted fantastic! Once I drank it, somehow I "forgot" what the number was so I had to pull another sample :mug:

chuckholding said:
Joined home brew talk and plotted my next recipe, while sipping last batch "brothers kolsch"

Welcome to hbt!

Me I didn't do much productive, other than make room in the pipeline, finishing off a growler of my two hearted clone now. Love that my family doesn't like hoppy beer!

I finished my keezer collar and cleared an area in the storage room of my basement so I can run two taps into my bar. I mounted the taps last night.

Didn't catch this thread until this afternoon, at work today, but I DID do some work on my HERMS build yesterday, its a 2 tier with 3 15.5 gal kegs for kettles. The HLT will have a heat exchanger, which I soldered fittings onto yesterday and took a step bit to make the holes slightly larger for the brass nipples to fit through. Hope to get a few more things for it this coming week (SS and neoprene washers), then I will have the heat exchanger basically complete.

Dry hopped a ryepa in the primary after 3 weeks, AG BIAB farmhouse bier de
Table boiling now.

Making a starter for a party-gyle this saturday. Soaking my FV's with oxiclean. Lastly, weighed out some 2 row to take to the LHBS and have crushed along with the specialty grains I'll be buying....

Made 2 starters (1 for each fermenter of a 10-gallon batch for Saturday). Also bottled 5gallons of citrus wheat. Also drinking.

Asked if I could check out the brewery and meet the brewer at a local pub. Yes to both...doing so tomorrow. BTW, took pics of their menu listing general grain bills, hops, adjuncts, etc. so want to start experimenting to see if I can clone something passable (no measurements provided, but hey, it'll be fun attempting, right)??? Sweeeeet.... ;)

Started drawing up plans for my first brew stand and checked the order tracking for all the beer stuff i ordered the other night.

Went to buy 2 carboys from a guy on craigslist, ended up coming home with three. Guess it's time to bulk age a big stout or something

Brought some grains for my next brew, a Irish red Ale, and some PBW and soaked my copper manifold in it.

Made a swamp cooler because my temp controlled freezer is full and I wanted to brew another batch tomorrow. Took my saison off the heater and set it aside for now. Cleaned up some bottles, made a starter of pacman. Made sure all my AG gear is clean and ready to go in the morning. Crushing my grains a bit later today I think.

Monday, brewed an Arrogant Bastard clone and made a 1.029 beer with some leftover hops form third runnings.
Yesterday, brewed a small batch of Saison, just to grow some yeast for future brews. I made my first true mistake and accidentally doubled the late hop additions. Maybe I'll call it a west coast saison. Finished the day with a trip to the thrift store where I got two nonic glasses for $2. They also had some set of dimpled steins and pilsener glasses, but we've got no more room in the cabinets, and the basement is already full of brewing crap. Including the pilsener I brewed a week and a half ago, that's 4 different beers fermenting and two glasses--I'm on a beer streak. It's good to be done with school!

Got 24 750ml EZ-top swing top bottles in the mail, put the tops on them. Now waiting with baited breath for my brew kit to show up tomorrow.

Kegged 2 batches, added a healthy dryhop to a half-full keg already on tap, and pulled out a few old barleywines to chill for weekend guests.

Washed 4.5 cases of bottles and loaded dishwasher for sanitizing - yes they all fit- bottling ~10 gallons (wee heavy) tomorrow
Made 2 yeast starters and hand cranked (need to upgrade drill) ~20 lbs of grain, brewing (10 gallons American amber) Saturday.
Just sat down to enjoy a homebrew (PTE clone)

I'm on here reading about beer. :) Also checked on my order from Amazon for a digital scale - it shipped today!

Yesterday got excellent ingredients and advice from hbs sierra moonshine for my white ipa. Today will be cleaning with pbw and getting ready for an awesome memorial day weekend brew day!

Bottled an extract stout - last of the extracts for a while - doing exclusively BIAB for the near future

Ordered the kit for a honey ale and purchased a beer thief so I can check the readings on my batch sitting in my primary. It is going to be a long 5 weeks until this first batch is ready for consumption.

Racked my cider to the secondary, added p sorbate and back sweetened with a brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. This is my first try at a cider and I need to get it right before fall.

davekippen said:
Racked my cider to the secondary, added p sorbate and back sweetened with a brown sugar and cinnamon mixture. This is my first try at a cider and I need to get it right before fall.

That sounds tasty...should be a real hit for Christmas, served warm.

Crushed my grain bill, weighed my hops, and staged my stuff. Brewing tomorrow baby!!

Back