Beer in hand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxford brewer

Reaction score
What are you all drinking after work today(or looking forward to)/:tank:

I have some IPA(in bottles),and Almondsbury Ale in the keg:drunk:

Nice thread.

Got my monster stout called The Most Noble and Ancient House of Black on the nitrogen tap, but unfortunately I'm out of beer gas.

My Bitterly Brutal IPA should be just about conditioned and ready to go on tap 1.

And I have a 11 month old version of the same beer on tap 2. Dry as a bone. Lots of alcohol, and a lot of fun to taste how it has changed over time.

Cheers :D

I've got an APA and stout on tap, but we're going out for dinner tonight so I'm hoping for something commercially interesting. I also still have a bottle of Ommegang's Three Philosophers that I was waiting for someone to help me with, but I've run out of patience and plan to blitzkrieg it tomorrow after I have my coffee.

BeeGee said:
I also still have a bottle of Ommegang's Three Philosophers that I was waiting for someone to help me with, but I've run out of patience and plan to blitzkrieg it tomorrow after I have my coffee.

I had this for the first time on Super Bowl Sunday. I can't say that I enjoyed it very much. I still haven't aquired the taste for most belgian-style beers.

-walker

Walker said:
I had this for the first time on Super Bowl Sunday. I can't say that I enjoyed it very much. I still haven't aquired the taste for most belgian-style beers.

-walker
I don't have any expectations...just one of those beers I grabbed on a beer spree. I do like some Belgians, such as Leffe, but I'm really not into beers like Hoegaarden (sp?) at this point. My wife loves the Lindeman's krieks, but I find them to be a lot like flavored soda. We'll see. If it bombs, I've got plenty of other options!

Tonight while I am brewing I'll be having some homebrews. Other than that I am most looking forward to the Goose Island Bourbon County Stout I've had in my fridge for about a week now, I hear good things. :mug:

BeeGee said:
I do like some Belgians, such as Leffe, but I'm really not into beers like Hoegaarden
Hoegaarden Grand Cru is much better in my estimation than the 'standard'.

I was planning on drinking some homebrew tonight but decided to save it and drink the big bottle of cider that SWMBOM bought me today when she went shopping! :mug:

BeeGee said:
I don't have any expectations...just one of those beers I grabbed on a beer spree. I do like some Belgians, such as Leffe, but I'm really not into beers like Hoegaarden (sp?) at this point. My wife loves the Lindeman's krieks, but I find them to be a lot like flavored soda. We'll see. If it bombs, I've got plenty of other options!

Try Cantillon Kriek. It's nothing like a cherry soda. It's one of the world's more complex and distinctive beers and a work of art.

I agree about the Lindeman's. Sweetened Lambic is not cool.

I haven't been able to get ahold of Ommagang out here, but I'm dying to try it.

gonna have a derail ale from durango brewing co. (no homebrews ready or that interest me right now). its classified as a american style barleywine, but is not quite that strong, 8%, but a very clean, nicely hopped, alcoholic brew. not gonna do to much tonight as i was in a beer pong tournament last night that went on til 2 in the morning. and after drinking all those 5$ pitchers of PBR last night i need some real beer.

Walker said:

-walker

well i would say a kriek/lambic isn't the best way to get into belgians. i'm lucky becuase i've been drinking good belgians since i was 14 (dads best friend is belgian and grew up in a family that had un-american views on alcohol). a good segway if you like lighter type beers is a wit, a belgian blonde, or a good saison. if you like big beers try the dubbels and trippels, and american breweries who make belgians tend to make them more to american tastes, but still retaining their belgian qualities, so they make a good intro. (i.e. new belgium abbey or trippel, etc.)

Janx said:
Try Cantillon Kriek. It's nothing like a cherry soda. It's one of the world's more complex and distinctive beers and a work of art.

I agree about the Lindeman's. Sweetened Lambic is not cool.

I haven't been able to get ahold of Ommagang out here, but I'm dying to try it.

You don't like the Linemann's Kreik or Framboise or Peche? Hmmmm....
I dig that stuff. Of course I've never tried any of the others, either. I'll have to get some.

I recently had the philosophers. I thought it was okay. I liked the Terrible more though. Tonight I'm drinking my Seamus O'Drunkagan, but I might go out, so who knows what'll happen later.

tonight, I am drinking Sierra Nevada's 2006 Bigfoot Barleywine.

... and I'm considering trying to make one, too.

-walker

And I am about to pop open one of the last from my December batch of kolsch. I am getting more and more P*ssed by this batch as time goes on. I should just drink the last few bottles and forget about it. The thing is, it started out cloudy and yeasty tasting but after I got through a little over half the batch it suddenly started to clear up and tasted great. I put aside the last 6 bottles in the basement and now, 4 1/2 months after brewing it is totally clear, crisp and easily the best batch I've made. And I have 5 bottles left. Dang.

I have a new batch in the secondary, but at the rate the first one went, it won't be good until about the end of July. At least I should be drinking good beer then.

Back