Sticky Taps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacktar

Reaction score
I have three taps on my kegerator and I find that my taps stick fiercely if I don't pour from them regularly. Anybody have a solution for this? I know I can clean them with my DIY line cleaner but it seems like I'd be doing this very often. Is there an easy fix for this aside from drinking from all three tap every day?

Well that seems pretty unanimous. Going to be expensive though. And then my other taps will be pretty obsolete.

I have three taps on my kegerator and I find that my taps stick fiercely if I don't pour from them regularly. Anybody have a solution for this? I know I can clean them with my DIY line cleaner but it seems like I'd be doing this very often. Is there an easy fix for this aside from drinking from all three tap every day?

Stainless faucets - Perlick Perl 525SS or 575SS specifically, have a reputation for not sticking like chrome plated faucets. http://www.birdmanbrewing.com/products/Perlick-525SS-Stainless-Faucet.html

Your personal happiness requires that you replace your taps with perlick 525ss taps right now!!! Trust Me, once you go perlick you'll never go back:D

I had did this same problem. What I did is to dissemble the tap clean and cover all the services that make contact with some keg lube. Keep it thin. I also have a squirt bottle of Star-San handy and I squirt up into the tap when I remember.

The condom style tap plugs can help with sticking. Something like these www.kegworks.com/the-tap-soother-draft-beer-faucet-cap-412-p21089. It should help keep everything from drying out as quickly.

Also, I would suggest you take your taps off the kegerator and soak in cleaner every once in a while to clear out any dried on crud.

Back