Review: Brinkmann 815-4005-S Outdoor Cooker Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bump.

has anybody used this burner to do 10 gallon boils? i'm considering it, but i like to do 10 gallon boils and some decoction mashing. wondering how much LP i'll rip through in a 4 hr brew session? any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

I have done two 10 gallon batches. It's hard to tell but I think I burned through almost a whole tank between the two. I use my propane for grilling also. I grilled steaks once and just fried some chicken, last night. The tank is getting low, the condensation line is at the bottom of the tank almost.

I've done 40+ BIAB batches with this burner, no complaints. I did have to make a cheapo wind shield out of a garbage can since I brew outside on the North shore of Lake Superior:

I can usually get through 3 "normal" 5 gallon batches with this burner before needing to replace the tank. When I did a big beer with a 90 minute boil I was only able to do it and barely made it through a second 60 minute batch before the tank was empty. While I still love it, I liken this cooker to a big V8: lots of power but it uses lots of gas to get there.

Back