second fermentation in bottle 2weeks clear no bubbles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roadie008

Reaction score
I have bottled some beer two weeks ago and theres no bubbles but its nearly clear im using coopers beer kit. i dont know what to do can some one help please

You say there are "no bubbles." Do you mean that it isn't carbonated?

If that's what you mean, did you remember to add priming sugar before you bottled?

What temp have you stored the bottles in?
Is there a 'hiss' when you pop the top?

What kind of beer (heavy beers take longer)? how much sugar (and batch size)?

most beers take 3 weeks, even more - but if you can answer the questions above, we might be able to get you closer to an answer

its cooper light beer and i followed the instructions 1st fermation 2nd i put it in barrel after 1week i bottled 1 beer. in a 2litres coke a cola plastic bottle i cleaned it out well put 2 tea spoons of sugar. theres a tiny bit of seddiment at the bottom but very little.i have them in a dark place room temp

The 3 weeks at 70 degrees, that we recommend is the minimum time it takes for average gravity beers to carbonate and condition. Higher grav beers take longer.

Stouts and porters have taken me between 6 and 8 weeks to carb up..I have a 1.090 Belgian strong that took three months to carb up.

Temp and gravity are the two factors that contribute to the time it takes to carb beer. But if a beer's not ready yet, or seems low carbed, and you added the right amount of sugar to it, then it's not stalled, it's just not time yet.

Everything you need to know about carbing and conditioning, can be found here Of Patience and Bottle Conditioning. With emphasis on the word, "patience." ;)

If a beer isn't carbed by "x number of weeks" you just have to give them more time. If you added your sugar, then the beer will carb up eventually, it's really a foolroof process. All beers will carb up eventually. A lot of new brewers think they have to "troubleshoot" a bottling issue, when there really is none, the beer knows how to carb itself. In fact if you run beersmiths carbing calculator, some lower grav beers don't even require additional sugar to reach their minimum level of carbonation. Just time.

is it best to put in fridge or leave it in dark place at room temputure

Three weeks minimum AT 70 DEGREES or ABOVE.

Don't put them into the cold until you know for sure they are carbed. You can't carb in the fridge. The yeast will go dormant in the fridge and not produce and co2- you'll have flat beer no matter how long you leave them in there.

Back