Regulator max psi?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bighoss

Reaction score
I've been searching for an regulator to piece together my setup. I've found an high pressure regulator but its only rated for 12 Psi, and it's not adjustable. Is this regulator usable? Or should I find another?

I've been searching for an regulator to piece together my setup. I've found an high pressure regulator but its only rated for 12 Psi, and it's not adjustable. Is this regulator usable? Or should I find another?

It's usable, but barely so. I would look for an adjustable regulator. Most regulators intended for use with beer go up to about 55-60 psi. Many times you may want to force carbonate at higher pressure in order to speed up the process and you will want to adjust the serving pressure to match your keg system or for particular beer styles. One size fits all doesn't work well when it comes to CO2 regulators.

if it's not adjustable, it's not regulating anything. I think at that point it just becomes a valve...

Ah thanks for that info but alas I should have mentioned I meant an propane regulator.

That certainly changes everything. A 12 psi fixed pressure regulator is a little unusual as most of the high pressure regulators are set at 10 psi. There are exceptions, of course, and some are adjustable, but that one should work just fine.

Back