Gordon Biersch Brewery Restaurant - DC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd_k

Reaction score
Anyone been to the Gordon Biersch in DC? How was? is it pricey/dressy? I can't really tell from the website. How's the beer? Looks like it's all German lagers.

Haven't been to the one in DC, but I've been to several others. It's a brew pub - nothing too fancy. They have a bit of an upscale feel, but there's no need to dress for the occasion. The beer is decent, but it's nothing to write home about. They tend to cater to the BMC crowd a little too much, IMHO. The food is hit or miss, but mostly good.

It is a chain, so I assume it is the same everywhere, casual. I think their beer is very good. The hefe is very good, so is the Blonde Bock (helles bock). All the beer is traditional German styles, only brewpub in my area (that I know of) that has a good fresh German Hefeweizen. I had a burger, the bacon barbecue burger, pretty good had better but have had much worse.

Yuri_Rage said:
Haven't been to the one in DC, but I've been to several others. It's a brew pub - nothing too fancy. They have a bit of an upscale feel, but there's no need to dress for the occasion. The beer is decent, but it's nothing to write home about. They tend to cater to the BMC crowd a little too much, IMHO. The food is hit or miss, but mostly good.

I think this sums it up perfectly. I've only been to one, but Yuri hit the nail on the head.

I have been to the one in San Jose and Seattle, they are both kind of upscale but I would wear a t-shirt and jeans to them no problem. Kind of like Rock Bottom Brewery.

I wear jeans and a button down to the one near me - seems to be the general attire for most guys. I like their hefe, but most of there other stuff is ok. For food, stick to the general bar fare - sandwiches and what not. Their steaks are priced like a good steak house, but have more in common with a Sizzler.

thanks everyone.... I've been to Capital City, that was ok.

Ended up stumbling upon this place by accident. Friday night, I had no intention of going. I didn't bring any directions or an address with me. We were walking out of the International Spy Museum and this place was literally, right across the street. The food was good, had a Southwest Chicken sandwich and a pint of Schwarzbier which was awesome! SWMBO had to Marzen which was so-so.

Back